29th November 2023
We need a photographer at our concerts! Please do speak to a committee member if you know of anyone who could fulfill this role. Thanks
27th November 2023
Email from Deirdre:
1. Standard concert dress for Carols for All, please.
2. If you have library copies of the white Carol books, please hand them in after the concert, along with the Messiah extracts. These all need to be returned to the lenders before Christmas. If you are unable to take part, please make sure that any loan music is returned prior to the concert.
3. Rehearsals will restart on Thursday 4th January 2024, at All Saints’ Church.
4. In case you’ve recently joined us or have mislaid the email with dates of next season’s concerts:
(Last concert this season is 23/03/24)
16/11/24, 14/12/24, 29/03/25
(and 15/11/25, 13/12/25, 28/03/26!)
Please update your diaries / noticeboards / digital calendars etc.
5. I’ll not be taking part in the Carols for All concert as I received a phonecall last Friday advising me that my knee replacement surgery is on 9th December. I’ll be thinking of you all, you don’t need to sing up loudly, I’ll be in Grantham Hospital so I won’t hear you!
6. Please do try to sell as many tickets as you can for Carols for All. It’s always an entertaining evening and a great way to kick off the Christmas festivities.
I’ll hopefully see you this Thursday and next.
16th November 2023
A short word from our treasurer, Donna to reiterate the importance of everyone making an extra effort to sell tickets for our concerts; very sadly, the concert at the weekend saw us make a loss of £3000 as we only sold 158 tickets. In order to break even, we need to be selling 3 times as many!
12th November 2023
Well a HUGE well done to everyone for last night’s super performance. Despite a few insecurities, the overall effect was dramatic and powerful.
17th October 2023
Minutes of AGM of GCS 14th Sept 2023
12th October 2023
A message from our secretary Deirdre:
Tickets will be on sale at the rehearsal on Thursday evening, plus there will also tickets at Horsleys main store (electrical and carpets) on Church Street from this Tuesday.
Please do push ticket sales as much as you can – the number of patrons (season ticket holders) is low again so far this season. Just a reminder for our new members, the Patrons Ticket is effectively a season ticket to all three concerts in the season, with a sizeable discount on the full ticket prices. Please ask either Donna or myself on Thursday if you wish to sign your family members up as Patrons.
See you all this coming Thursday. Don’t forget to do your homework!
(There is no rehearsal on Thursday 26th October as it is half-term week.)
29th September 2023
The Really Big Chorus are offering some fantastic singing opportunities in the UK and abroad for anyone who might be interested, including Karl Jenkins’ ‘The Armed Man’ in Cyprus next April – please follow the link below:
12th August 2023
Well we’re gearing up nicely ready for the start of our new season! Very much looking forward to welcoming you all back and perhaps seeing some new faces. A HUGE thanks must go to Jacqui Richardson for stepping up to her new role as Librarian – THANKYOU!
23rd July 2023
We hope everyone is having a lovely summer (let’s not mention the weather…). There’s a sing along with John Rutter event at the Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham on Sunday 21st January. For more details here’s the link: https://trch.co.uk/whats-on/come-and-sing-w-john-rutter/
25th March 2023
Our lovely librarian Jackie is hanging up her librarian boots after 30 years in the role! A massive thanks must go to her for such a huge commitment and contribution towards the running of our society. So…… that means we are seeking a replacement! PLEASE do consider volunteering and get in touch with Hugo who can tell you all about it and what it involves.
22nd February 2023
In case you didn’t manage to catch our Deirdre featured on Songs of Praise last weekend, please follow the link below:
Raise extra funds for Gainsborough Choral Society on
your internet purchases at no cost to you by selecting
Gainsborough Choral Society as your chosen charity.